What is Exercise Physiology?
Exercise physiology focuses on ‘exercise as medicine’ in two main areas:
– For people recovering from injury
– For people with chronic conditions including diabetes, obesity, arthritis, chronic pain
– For people trying to lose weight and increase fitness
– For people trying to improve sporting fitness and performance
Conditions Treated Include:
– Joint & muscle pain
– Weight control
– Heart disease
How Do I See an Exercise Physiologist?
No Referral Needed:
– If you are uninsured or claiming through private health insurance.
– Veterans & War Widows – you can be BULK-BILLED with a referral from your GP
– Medicare –you can be BULK-BILLED under an EPC with a referral from your GP if you have a chronic disease or injury