What is Exercise Physiology?
Exercise physiology focuses on ‘exercise as medicine’ in two main areas:
- For people recovering from injury
- For people with chronic conditions including diabetes, obesity, arthritis, chronic pain
- For people trying to lose weight and increase fitness
- For people trying to improve sporting fitness and performance
Conditions Treated Include:
- Joint & muscle pain
- Weight control
- Heart disease
How Do I See an Exercise Physiologist?
No Referral Needed:
- If you are uninsured or claiming through private health insurance
- Veterans & War Widows – you can be bulk-billed with a referral from your GP
- Medicare –you can be bulk-billed under an EPC with a referral from your GP if you have a chronic disease or injury