Paediatric physio covers the treatment of varying ages, from premature babies to adolescents. The approach is holistic and practical, with an emphasis on gross motor function and posture. We are continuously updating our knowledge and equipment to provide the best possible treatment.
- To aid in the optimal physical functioning and development of your child
- To provide advice regarding handling, positioning, stretching, and treatment through play and exercise
- To encourage your child to participate and become independent
Our paediatric physiotherapist can assist in the assessment and treatment of a variety of conditions including:
- Cerebral Palsy and development delay
- Spina Bifida and neural tube defects
- Muscular dystrophy and spinal muscular atrophy
- Juvenile Chronic Arthritis (JCA)
- Premature babies with dystonia
- Postural problems eg:torticollis, scoliosis, talipes, metatarsus adductors, idiopathic toe walkers etc.
- Respiratory problems eg:cystic fibrosis or asthma
- Acquired brain or spinal injury and neurological diseases